Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: Not only rates have a historization aspect

  • From: Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...>
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: Not only rates have a historization aspect
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 05:34:57 +0200

I think, it makes sense to add some lines here in the spec ;-) Basically also the CurrencyUnit is historizable, as well as rates. Rates, I think are even more volatile (when looking at the data from EZB or ICF this is not obvious, since one may assume that currency exchange rates are fixed on a daily basis, which obviosly is not the case ;-) )...

2013/4/7 Sascha Freitag <dunschtig@...>
Hi all,

a little late, but better late then never I'm reviewing the Spec proposal. So I might have some other points I like to should to the round by topic.
Paragraph 2.3 mentions:"Since such exchange rates may change during time, historization must also be supported by such rates."
I think historization is not only needed because of the rates. I see a big potential that especially in this area it might happen that changes directly on the currency itself will be introducted (BTW: see also ISO standard for denomination etc.). So would it not be worth to mention this in the spec?
And I think rates are always very time bound not only in virtual world as also mentioned in section 2.5 of the spec ;-).
Or do I got something wrong.

Regards Sascha
--

Sascha Freitag
Hofstattstr. 14

Tel:+41 71 222 2042
Mobile:+41 79 752 4200

Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
Glärnischweg 10
CH - 8620 Wetzikon

Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1
Twitter:  @atsticks
Google: atsticks
Phone   +41-44 334 40 87
Mobile  +41-76 344 62 79

[JSR-354] Not only rates have a historization aspect

Sascha Freitag 04/07/2013

[JSR-354] Re: Not only rates have a historization aspect

Werner Keil 04/07/2013

[JSR-354] Re: Not only rates have a historization aspect

Anatole Tresch 04/08/2013

[JSR-354] Re: Not only rates have a historization aspect