Skip to main content

[JSR-354] EDR on Monday

  • From: Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...>
  • Subject: [JSR-354] EDR on Monday
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 08:29:10 +0200

Dear Colleagues

I think we will go with the current version into EDR 1 on next Monday. This means the last feedback round for EDR until Sunday night is open now. Whereas on the code side, I only would like perform no more major changes (JavaDoc and really small fixes may be OK), the spec document of course also has some bigger changes incorporated.
One of them, is that the extension part and the provider part were merged to an part of the spec, but we moved over some questionable parts into a separate javamoney-extras package. Another change ist that the Monetary singleton in its form does not exist anymore. Instead of there are additional singletons MonetaryConversion, MonetaryFormat, MonetaryCurrencies that are located in the corresponding API packages. As a consequence the packages are more or less isolated, depending only on the "platform package".
As a consequence the provider package required a better name and also the remaining functionality in ext matched quite well together. Therefore the former provider part was removed and all stuff was put in the ext part, which is not marked as purely optional.

So, feel free to have a latest look at the spec and code again ;-)

Regards,
Anatole

Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
Glärnischweg 10