Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: system properties state of the art?

  • From: "Freitag Sascha (KFSQ 3)" <sascha.freitag@...>
  • To: <jcurrency_mail@...>
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: system properties state of the art?
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 10:50:32 +0200

Yes I think this a better approach

Sascha Freitag

Information Architecture

+41 44 332 53 73 (*412 5373)

From: Anatole Tresch [mailto:atsticks@...]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 5:32 AM
To: Jsr 354 JavaMoney Public Mailinglist

No, this will be changed. I am thinking of a simple mechanism reading a property file from the classpath to add configuration ;-)

2013/4/7 Sascha Freitag <dunschtig@...>

Hi all,

in section 3.3 point e) mentions a system property to configure an alternative for the default name space. I do not think we should use such an approach these days. All over the places we can read about cloud an readiness for it. Is a system property really cloud ready? I don't think so. For PaaS approach this might be an option, but when we look at SaaS definitely not.
Fine with me to keep it for the EDR (with early in my mind ;-) ) but hopefully nothing which will be in the final version of the spec.

Cheers Sascha

--

Sascha Freitag
Hofstattstr. 14

Tel:+41 71 222 2042
Mobile:+41 79 752 4200

Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
Glärnischweg 10
CH - 8620 Wetzikon

Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1

Twitter:  @atsticks

Google: atsticks
Phone   +41-44 334 40 87
Mobile  +41-76 344 62 79

[JSR-354] system properties state of the art?

Sascha Freitag 04/07/2013

[JSR-354] Re: system properties state of the art?

Anatole Tresch 04/08/2013

[JSR-354] Re: system properties state of the art?

Freitag Sascha (KFSQ 3) 04/08/2013