may I ask for a short ballot on the most important points I currently would like have a more common sense about???
Core (answer with Y or N, my opinions are inline):
1) Remove LocalizableCurrencyUnit, LocalizableAmount? Y
both interfaces are defined but currently not used. Additionally the formatting module defines a LocalizableItem, which basically models the same.
2) Use 310 names for methods on MonetaryAmount: N (perhaps rename ulp...)
JSR 310 names like plus, minus, multipliedBy, scaled, negated (paste tense in general),
3) Should we replace the methods asType, intValue, doubleValue etc. on MonetaryAmount, with BigDecimal getBigDecimal()? Y
4) Should we support Number as input type on algorithmic operation on MonetaryAmount also? N
e.g. (on Money) Money add(MonetaryAmount) also is defined as Money add(Number).
5) Should we rename the Rounding interface to MonetaryAdjuster? N
MoneyAdjuster is more bread. MoneyRounding (class) can then implement MoneyAdjuster (interface).
6) Should we CHange Rounding: public MonetaryAmount round(MOnetaryAmount amount); would be changed to public <T extends MonetaryAmount> T round(T amount);: Y
With instance of Money value type this would enable to write the following code:
Money m = rounding.round(Money.of("CHF", 1234.34));
7) Should we drop the extensions stuff and introduce corresponding singletons (they still can reuse the ComponentLoader for loading the implementations): Y
8) Should we introduce an additional RoundingType, to distinguish the usage such as cash, online, card? N
9) Should Region be modelled as extendable class instead of an interface? Y
- Please fill in this form and send it back to me as soon as possible.
- Please only answer with Y or N, or leave the answer open, if you really do not have an opinion. I want to avoid a broader discussion as of now (which must not mean, that I will start one, if needed, but I think a ballot is enough here, since the topics are rather specific.
Thank very much, for your quick answers!
Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
CH - 8620 Wetzikon
Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1
Phone +41-44 334 40 87
Mobile +41-76 344 62 79