Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: JavaOne

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jcurrency_mail@...
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: JavaOne
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:39:18 +0200

Suppose "architecture" in this context is more around "system architecture" than API design and architecture, as that's of course a bit of what we try to do (best) here

One aspect a cross-library type of BOF sure could allow to discuss beside individual libraries like JSR 354, JodaMoney, ICU4J, etc. or 310/JodaTime (ICU covers both in fact) is the important question of how developers shall best combine them or what APIs and frameworks could help them with that...

Not everybody is happy with just doing
LocalDate.of(8, HOURS).plus(LocalDate.of(7.5, HOURS)... and eventually representing those as workday, what they really care for is something like
daysIHaveWorkedLastMonth.multiply(dailyRate)

I'll briefly talk about that at the Eclipse Stammtisch, but happy to discuss and explore it further on other occasions like JavaOne.

Werner

[JSR-354] JavaOne

Stephen Colebourne 04/12/2013

[JSR-354] Re: JavaOne