Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: Simplified Exchange rate/ConvertionProvider

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jcurrency_mail@...
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: Simplified Exchange rate/ConvertionProvider
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:04:16 +0200

Indeed, especially the latter we must avoid. It's among the main technical debt causing delays and troubles to Jigsaw

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...> wrote:
Scope is not the only one aspect, possible circular dependencies between core and conversion module would be another...

2013/5/14 Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
Hi,

As of now, given the significant delay of  Java 9 the whole platform/standalone scope is practically irrelevant, but having said that, the Modularity Java 9 some day hopes to archive is not! So we so far succeeded to be as modular as Java 9/Jigsaw hopes to be ~3 years from now, and we should not leave that path.

Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
Glärnischweg 10
CH - 8620 Wetzikon

Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1
Twitter:  @atsticks
Google: atsticks
Phone   +41-44 334 40 87
Mobile  +41-76 344 62 79

[JSR-354] Simplified Exchange rate/ConvertionProvider

rajmahendra@... 05/14/2013

[JSR-354] Re: Simplified Exchange rate/ConvertionProvider

Anatole Tresch 05/14/2013

[JSR-354] Re: Simplified Exchange rate/ConvertionProvider

rajmahendra@... 05/14/2013

[JSR-354] Re: Simplified Exchange rate/ConvertionProvider

Werner Keil 05/14/2013