Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: Next Steps

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jcurrency_mail@...
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: Next Steps
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 23:30:31 +0200

Sascha,

Sorry to hear you won't be able to commit to the JSR any more. As soon as JCP.next is finished (the license and IP part may still take a while, so not sure,  when it'll go final, but JSR 358 also just undergoes a Renewal Ballot like this one, so it won't take forever) there should be a new type of member for people like you, at the moment the existing Observer role should do for such cases.

All who are interested and willing to help should however be able to contribute to the RI, restrictions only apply to the Spec and public API, but not RI or other projects especially javamoney-extras or similar

Glad we proactively keep people's status up to date here btw. anticipating what JCP.next hopes to improve.

Cheers,
Werner

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Sascha Freitag <dunschtig@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm fine with the fact, that inactive EG members will be removed. And one of the leaving persons will be me. I have to switch over to be an observer only because I have decided to take a new challenge in an other company. And as far as I know yet, this company has not signed the necessary stuff so that I can stay an EG member.

Cheers Sascha

On 31.05.2013 14:39, Tresch Anatole (KFSC 225) wrote:

Hi Werner/all

Ye, perhaps I have to to clarify a bit:

·         everybody is allowed to follow the mailing list as observer.

·         I also agree, that interested people outside of the ED can also participate/contribute for the reference implementation. Beside the organization alignment the git merge feature is an excellent tool for this on the technical side.

·         Inactive members may be removed as expert team member. IMO there must be a minimal contribution to participate as EG member and basically this was also agreed upon by each then filling out the form for becoming an EG member.

So basically with a minimal commitment, everybody that is able to commit somehow and in a reasonable way, is welcome. Though work on the specification itself and the API is clearly driven by the EG and the spec lead.

Cheers,

Anatole Tresch

CREDIT SUISSE AG

Information Technology | Java Core Framework & Support, KSXK 23

Zollstrasse 20/36 | 8070 Zürich | Switzerland

Phone +41 44 334 03 89

anatole.tresch@... | www.credit-suisse.com