Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: Link von Twitter

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jcurrency_mail@...
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: Link von Twitter
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:49:06 +0200

Good to know, by 2019 approx. Java EE 9 could be in the pipeline, if SE 9 won't be delayed past ~2016.

Given it won't be the only environment, where EE 6 will be around for a long time, being backward-compatible, at least with JavaMoney 1.0 sounds like a smart idea

Cheers,
Werner

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...> wrote:

Hi Werner/all

Ee6 will be generally available in cs end of q1 2014. Based on typical lifecycles it will be productive for 4 to years, so in the worst case until 2019!

Cheers
Anatole

Am 12.06.2013 15:19 schrieb "Werner Keil" <werner.keil@...>:

Thanks, I have also been in touch with somebody at Banco do Brazil a while ago when banging the drum for the Java Money standard that eventually became JSR 354 Not sure, it this person and project is still active, but noteworthy in any case with regards to those who'd prefer to make the JSR available only to Java EE 9, that p. 23 of the article states "Java technology used: Java EE 6" Maybe over time they'll move towards Java EE 7, but everything we specify and do here should take this into consideration.

Banco do Brazil or also Credit Suisse and others won't be the only banks or financial users where Java EE 6 will still be around maybe for another decade. With all the flaws of the Batch JSR I don't want to discuss in detail here, that JSR insisted on Java (EE) 6 as a minimum version, and I guess they did that for a good reason after all.

Cheers,
Werner

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...> wrote:
www.oraclejavamagazine-digital.com/javamagazine/20130506/m2/MobileArticle.action?coverPage=1&articleId=303380&mobileWeb=true&lm=1371001069000

Has anybody cocrete contacts here (phil?), i think it would be a good idea to have them also on board...

Cheers

-
Anatole Tresch
Glärnischweg 10