Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: JSR 354 API Update

  • From: Sascha Freitag <dunschtig@...>
  • To: jcurrency_mail@...
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: JSR 354 API Update
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 22:13:41 +0200

basically the 310 API will allow to implement such a scenario, when you only use now with a clock (http://download.java.net/jdk8/docs/api/java/time/LocalDate.html#now%28java.time.Clock%29) and not the two other provided now methods.
I think this is useful in same as well as in bigger libraries. And the questions with the threeten API is more, from where you get the Clock instance from and leaves you with that alone. But that is maybe also good, since it's was not the scope of the API to define this.

On 17.07.2013 21:15, Anatole Tresch wrote:
Basically also in our bank such discussions were initiated. Basically, when testing integrated systems this is a very functional way to simulate different time scenarios, eg year end processing.
For testing smaller libraries i personally prefer to dynamically provide test data or services/mocks for the corresponding tests. This, contrary to the global solution, still allows isolation of my test cases/suites...

Cheers

-
Anatole Tresch
Gl√§rnischweg 10
8620 Wetzikon
Tel +41 (43) 317 05 30
-
Send from Mobile

Am 17.07.2013 um 19:47 schrieb Werner Keil <werner.keil@... <mailto:werner.keil@...>>:

This pattern for testing timestamps might be useful, too: http://www.javapractices.com/topic/TopicAction.do?Id=234
While it (obviously) uses long, such a layer could also allow using multiple Date/Time APIs behind the scenes, and come handy for either simple unit tests or maybe those in the TCK, too.

Since most parts of the API tend to consume a timestamp, using such an interface as part of the actual API may not help much, there, or does anybody feel it would benefit?

Sascha Freitag v/o Dunschtig

[JSR-354] Re: JSR 354 API Update

Werner Keil 07/16/2013

[JSR-354] Re: JSR 354 API Update