[JSR-354] Last Update
- From: Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...>
- To: Jsr 354 JavaMoney Public Mailinglist <jcurrency_mail@...>
- Subject: [JSR-354] Last Update
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 23:41:21 +0200
I would like also to give a short update, where we are standing now:
- From a code side, the github ap and ri project is reflecting the state
discussed so far.
- The reference implementation also adds a SPI for registering
additional roundings (MonetaryAdjuster) into the MoneyRounding singleton
and currently a MonetaryFunctions singleton.
- I think it is important that we add a small AmountFormatter that
implements MoentaryAmount specific formatter, with a Builder, similar to
what is in JodaMoney. This would be one additional class, that would help
also our Indian colluegues to finally have well formatted INR values. The
code required, e.g. adaptive grouping and grouping characters, is already
in place, and could be easily added to such an implementation. Other number
formatting functionalities , I personally would simple delegate to the
existing NumberFormat instances.
- If we would take JodaMoney as the RI, I would expect the take the
existing MoneyFormatter implementation as a starting point and add the
adaptive grouping features to it.
Definitively I would not expect to end up with anything else in the current
JSR. I already moved all other aspects like conversion, extensions and
extended formatting to our extras module, renaming it to org.javamoney and
modularizing it accordingly. The things there should compile, but the tests
are deep red, since all the component registrations must be redone/adapted,
due to the changed package names (I expect to that next week, if none else
wants to take care of it).
The specification document also is adapted in a first release. Only the
last chapters about special topics and interoperability rules must still be
So I see it quite likely that wen can soon progress. I will also meet our
colluegues from Google next week, to discuss our new direction with them.
Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
CH - 8620 Wetzikon
*Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1*
Mobile +41-76 344 62 79*
[JSR-354] Last Update