Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: Public Review 2

  • From: Heather VanCura <heather@...>
  • To: Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...>
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: Public Review 2
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:54:09 -0700

Anatole,
Thank you. We will proceed with processing the second Public Review with 30 day review, followed by another 14 day Public Review ballot.
Harold will let you know if he requires any other information for the posting.
- Heather
On Mar 18, 2014, at 2:42 PM, Anatole Tresch wrote:

High Heather/All

basically compared to the latest PR we have some significant changes. Many members have voted the last time with yes, based on the discussions and proposals ongoing. The second review now summarizes everything in a concise state so the EC members have finally a current view on what we are working. Also one of the two points from LJC where fixed (we added a full fledged flexible conversion API).
So I think it makes nevertheless sense to make another public review first (but only with a short 30 day period). We will nevertheless continue the already started work on the TCK in parallel, so if all works fine, we might be quite fast again for the next step afterwards ;-)

Regards,
Anatole

Hi Anatole,

I noticed that you did not copy Harold on your message, so adding Harold. I have a few comments for clarification on your submission. A second Public Review is not required, but you are welcome to hold a second Public Review. It is a bit unusual since you received 24 yes votes on your Public Review, and the review just recently closed. You could proceed to Proposed Final Draft as the next stage in the JCP with the current draft, and following that stage, then progress to Final Approval Ballot as the next step, followed by Final Release. Please confirm that you would like to have a second Public Review, versus the next JCP milestone of Proposed Final Draft.

Best regards,
Heather
On Mar 16, 2014, at 5:15 PM, Anatole Tresch wrote:

Hi Harold

we are ready for the second Public Review of our API, with all relevant feedback included from our first review.

The answers to the famous questions are in the attached PDF.

The uploaded zip, containing Spec, API Javadoc and the current version 0.8 released code base and the
licences is available at
https://jcp.org/en/egc/download/Public+Review+2.zip?id=354&fileId=5080
 .
Regards,