Skip to main content

when are bundles get created and recreated?

4 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 3 - Last Post: August 18, 2014 09:01
by: icefox
showing 1 - 4 of 4
Posted: May 23, 2014 06:24 by bilalj
If I delete my bundle from jwarTemp directory which was created on server strat. i set my jawr.js.use.cache property to "false" now this bundle is not recreated when web page requested for it. Is there anyway that my bundle recreated at server runtime when it doesn't find it.
Posted: June 16, 2014 09:52 by icefox
Hi,

In Jawr, you have 2 modes : Debug mode and Production mode

In the Production mode, the bundles are created at server startup and will not be reloaded except if the configuration file is changed.

In the debug mode, Jawr doesn't use the bundles generated at the server startup, but use the original bundle part.

In your case, it seems that you want to regenerate your bundles after the server startup.
You have 3 options :
- You can also use the refresh key functionnality using the jawr.config.reload.refreshKey parameter (Please check the configuration descriptor

- Modifiy the configuration file (for instance, add an empty character somewhere), this will force Jawr to recreate the bundle
so you could modify you would like the bundles to be regenerated

- If you use JMX, you can launch the operation of reloading the configuration file and recreating the bundles. Please check the following link for more detail : https://jawr.java.net/docs/jmx_support.html)

Cheers,
icefox
Posted: August 17, 2014 03:38 by bilalj
thank you very much for replying icefox,

I had already explored the first and third option, it works fine for me,
but not known to to second one, It convey that I do not need to restart my server a small change(like adding a new file or empty character ) in my configuration file will regenerate my bundles, correct me if I got it wrong

Cheers,
bilalj
Posted: August 18, 2014 09:01 by icefox
Hi,

Yes you're right.
You just need to update your configuration file to regenerate your bundle.

Cheers,
icefox
Replies: 3 - Last Post: August 18, 2014 09:01
by: icefox

Close
Please Confirm
Close