Skip to main content

i18n Message Generator & Debug Mode

4 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 3 - Last Post: February 16, 2012 22:58
by: icefox
showing 1 - 4 of 4
Posted: February 03, 2012 16:21 by deezer
When we use JAWR to generate a JavaScript i18n message bundle in debug mode, we are not seeing a unique identifier added to the end of the file.

First we have all of the normal bundles with the random identifier at the end:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/ctxRoot/jsbundles/scripts/jquery/jquery-1.4.3.js?d=829342918" ></script>

The, we have the jawr_generator, but note that there is no random identifier at the end:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/ctxRoot/jsbundles/jawr_generator.js?generationConfigParam=messages%3Apackage.for.messages%40en_US.jawrMessages" ></script>

This causes problems during development, because changes to the resource bundle / jawr generator file do not cause the file to be replaced, but rather loaded from cache. Since JAWR calls these items as if they were JavaScript functions, if one is missing it can break the calling code.

Is there an existing feature that I can use to add this unique key to the "message generator" js file, or is this a new feature request?

Posted: February 10, 2012 13:25 by icefox
Hi Deezer,

You are right, there debug parameter mode is missing for the generated bundles in debug mode.
I've created the issue #244 for this issue.

Cheers,
Posted: February 16, 2012 19:17 by deezer
Hi icefox,

I didn't see this in the issue tracker? Also, if I wanted to submit a patch for this, would that be welcomed?
Posted: February 16, 2012 22:58 by icefox
Hi,

Sorry i've made a mistake in my last post.
The issue created is the 224 (http://java.net/jira/browse/JAWR-224).

Any patch are more than welcome.

Cheers,
Replies: 3 - Last Post: February 16, 2012 22:58
by: icefox

Close
Please Confirm
Close