Skip to main content

[jsr339-experts] response filtering and exceptions

  • From: Bill Burke <bburke@...>
  • To: "jsr339-experts@..." <jsr339-experts@...>
  • Subject: [jsr339-experts] response filtering and exceptions
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:28:16 -0400

Hi all,

I think we need something in ContainerResponseFilter to distinguish that an exception was thrown from application code (and maybe internally as well). Came across a user case recently that wanted to know that a failure occured and what exact exception.

I suggest at minimum, 2 methods on ContainerResponseContext (better names maybe?). Probably similar methods on WriterInterceptor.

boolean wasFailure();
Throwable getFailure();

Don't know, but maybe also a new method on ContainerResponseFilter

void failure(ContainerRequestContext requestContext, ContainerResponseContext responseContext)
            throws IOException;

failure should be called after any ExceptionMapper, but before anything else.

The main reason for this is name-bound filters and interceptors might want to make a different decision based on a user failure.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

[jsr339-experts] response filtering and exceptions

Bill Burke 07/11/2012

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] response filtering and exceptions

Marek Potociar 07/23/2012

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] response filtering and exceptions

Bill Burke 07/23/2012

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: response filtering and exceptions

Marek Potociar 07/23/2012

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] response filtering and exceptions

Bill Burke 07/24/2012

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: response filtering and exceptions

Marek Potociar 07/24/2012

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: response filtering and exceptions

Bill Burke 07/24/2012

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Re: response filtering and exceptions

Marek Potociar 07/27/2012