On Jan 30, 2013, at 10:29 AM, Bill Burke <bburke@...> wrote:
The section on filters and exception handling is unclear.
if an exception is thrown from a resource method:
1. An exception mapper is found
2. bound and global filters are executed on the response
If an exception is thrown from a request filter:
1. An exception mapper is found and executed
2. response filters are executed. BOund response filters only executed if
this is not prematch
If an exception is thrown from a response filter:
1. An exception maper is found and executed
2. ??? I assume no response filters are then executed?
We had some discussions about this, but I don't remember exactly when (I
could try to dig them up). The idea was to try to simplify things without
having special cases for exceptions thrown here or there. Thus, Section 6.7
states that the response filter chain is always executed, regardless of where
the exception was thrown, but exceptions are mapped only once.
[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Need clarification on Section 6.7