Skip to main content

[jsr339-experts] Section 3.7: multiple root resources with the same URI template

  • From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@...>
  • To: "jsr339-experts@..." <jsr339-experts@...>
  • Subject: [jsr339-experts] Section 3.7: multiple root resources with the same URI template
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:00:03 +0000

Hi Santiago, All,

I'm checking the spec on what it has to say about supporting multiple root resources with exactly the same URI template.

My understanding the section 3.7 has actually been updated, however to be honest reading this section is not the easiest thing to do :-), so I'd like to double check:

"By definition, all root resource classes in C must be annotated with the same URI path template modulo variable names." - where C is the list of matched root resource classes so far.

Does the above effectively says that multiple root resources with the same URI template are supported ?

What does "module variable names means" ? Is it to say that say

@Path("/a/{b}")

and

@Path("/a/{c}")

are the same for the purpose of describing this specific match algorithm ?

Thanks, Sergey

[jsr339-experts] Section 3.7: multiple root resources with the same URI template

Sergey Beryozkin 01/28/2013

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Section 3.7: multiple root resources with the same URI template

Santiago Pericas-Geertsen 01/29/2013

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Section 3.7: multiple root resources with the same URI template

Marek Potociar 01/30/2013

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Section 3.7: multiple root resources with the same URI template

Sergey Beryozkin 01/30/2013