Skip to main content

[jsr339-experts] WAE exceptions thrown from exception mappers

  • From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@...>
  • To: "jsr339-experts@..." <jsr339-experts@...>
  • Subject: [jsr339-experts] WAE exceptions thrown from exception mappers
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:42:31 +0000

Hi

Please provide the feedback on
http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-340

We've had a user query recently to do with custom mappers throwing well-known WAE exceptions such as NotFoundException and still seeing 500 returned to the client: IMHO this is counter-intuitive though I guess the mapper should be in most cases the final destination as far as the exception to Response conversion is concerned.

I just propose a very minor update to ensure that if a mapper does throw WAE then this WAE Response is used

Thoughts ?

Sergey

[jsr339-experts] WAE exceptions thrown from exception mappers

Sergey Beryozkin 01/30/2013