Skip to main content

[jsr352-public] Re: abandon a STOPPING job?

  • From: Michael Minella < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [jsr352-public] Re: abandon a STOPPING job?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:57:10 -0500

Spring Batch actually does not allow the abandonment of a job unless it's in one of the following states:

STOPPING

STOPPED

FAILED

ABANDONED

UNKNOWN

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Scott Kurz < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

Currently the RI disallows abandon on jobs with batch status STARTED, STARTING...

What about STOPPING?

Currently we allow abandon of STOPPING.

I guess you could ask the same question for JobOperator.getRunningExecutions().  I think this method should include 'STOPPING' jobs in the result set... but I'm not sure abandon needs to be disallowed on STOPPING.

Scott Kurz
WebSphere Batch / Compute Grid Development
T/L 295-5649;
External Phone 845-435-5649
" target="_blank">

[jsr352-public] abandon a STOPPING job?

Scott Kurz 03/27/2013

[jsr352-public] Re: abandon a STOPPING job?

Michael Minella 03/27/2013