Skip to main content

[jsr352-public] TCK testDeciderTransitionFromSplitAndAllowRestartFalse

  • From: Cheng Fang < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [jsr352-public] TCK testDeciderTransitionFromSplitAndAllowRestartFalse
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:44:22 -0400

This test verifies the execution transitions out of a split, enters a decision, and matches the stop element, and so the job terminates with a STOPPED batch status.

The part I'm trying to understand is, does the TransitionDecider always returns a STOPPED exit status, which the test expects to match the first stop element.

Its decide method takes split1flow1step2 and split1flow2step2, one with failed status and one with stopped status, but the order can be random. The decide method just iterates thru the StepExecution[], and whichever comes last as the new exit status:

for (StepExecution stepExec : executions) {
            stepExitStatus = stepExec.getExitStatus();
            stepName = stepExec.getStepName();
}
            deciderExitStatus = deciderCount + ":" + stepExitStatus;

        return deciderExitStatus;

So it seems the test will not get its expected result (not always). I might've missed something. Can someone help me understand it?

Thanks,
Cheng

[jsr352-public] TCK testDeciderTransitionFromSplitAndAllowRestartFalse

Cheng Fang 03/28/2013

[jsr352-public] Re: TCK testDeciderTransitionFromSplitAndAllowRestartFalse

Kaushik Mukherjee 03/29/2013