Skip to main content

[jsr352-public] Re: TCK testDeciderTransitionFromSplitAndAllowRestartFalse

  • From: Kaushik Mukherjee < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [jsr352-public] Re: TCK testDeciderTransitionFromSplitAndAllowRestartFalse
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 09:57:02 -0500

BTW, Cheng, thanks for catching this.

Thanks,
Kaushik
_____________________
Kaushik Mukherjee
WebSphere Batch Development

-----Cheng Fang < > wrote: -----
From: Cheng Fang < >
Date: 03/28/2013 03:56PM

This test verifies the execution transitions out of a split, enters a
decision, and matches the stop element, and so the job terminates with a
STOPPED batch status.

The part I'm trying to understand is, does the TransitionDecider always
returns a STOPPED exit status, which the test expects to match the first
stop element.

Its decide method takes split1flow1step2 and split1flow2step2, one with
failed status and one with stopped status, but the order can be random.
The decide method just iterates thru the StepExecution[], and whichever
comes last as the new exit status:

for (StepExecution stepExec : executions) {
             stepExitStatus = stepExec.getExitStatus();
             stepName = stepExec.getStepName();
}
             deciderExitStatus = deciderCount + ":" + stepExitStatus;

         return deciderExitStatus;

So it seems the test will not get its expected result (not always). I
might've missed something.  Can someone help me understand it?

Thanks,
Cheng

[jsr352-public] TCK testDeciderTransitionFromSplitAndAllowRestartFalse

Cheng Fang 03/28/2013

[jsr352-public] Re: TCK testDeciderTransitionFromSplitAndAllowRestartFalse

Kaushik Mukherjee 03/29/2013