Last updated May 16, 2013 19:52, by ScottKurz
= Change History (while working up to final release)
This info is probably not too interesting to anyone, so we're moving it to this page but not deleting.
== Code Drop (Build Version - this is an internal id and is not otherwise externally meaningful)
* RI - In SE, I believe we don't correctly load JSL from META-INF/batch-jobs in an archive, but require expansion on disk
* test with IBM, Oracle JREs
* RI,TCK - JobOperator has extra method '''getExecutions(JobInstance instance)''
* RI - JobOperator could use '''public''' modifier (minor, style points)
* RI,TCK - JobOperator uses '''getParameters(JobInstance instance)''' spec uses '''getParameters(long executionId)'''
* RI,TCK - JobOperator abandon, RI/TCK uses '''abandon(JobExecution jobExecution)''' while spec uses '''abandon(long executionId)'''
* RI - JobOperator restart already added, but parm names, Javadoc not aligned with spec
* Ri,TCK - StepExecution - Spec has '''long getId()''' and RI/TCK is making use of '''String getName()'''.
** RI/TCK also has '''String getStepId()''' (not used) and '''long getJobExecutionId()''' (used for logging but not essential).
** We need to revist this and if we think we need more from the spec, raise the issue.
* RI/TCK - support multiple include/excludes on skip/retry... in spite of the XSD support, the RI will throw an exception if it sees more than one of each of include/exclude
* RI - JobOperator.getStepExecutions return type not fully parameterized as in spec with '?' (minor)
* RI, TCK - JobExecution has methods: '''long getExecutionId()''' , ''' long getInstanceId()''' while spec has neither but has method '''long getId()'''
** should have bug for this
* Spec - JobInstance - spec has: '''long getId()''' in addition to '''long getInstanceId()''', so '''getId()''' can probably just be removed
** should have bug for this
* TCK - In DeciderTestsDecider, stil relying on injected StepContext from older spec version
* RI,TCK - JobOperator abandon, RI/TCK uses '''abandon(JobInstance instance)''' while spec uses '''abandon(long executionId)'''
* RI,TCK - Uses '''CheckpointAlgorithm.checkpointTimeout(int timeout)''' spec uses ''' CheckpointAlgorithm.checkpointTimeout()''
* TCK - Remove some unused XMLs
* support other DBs besides Derby (ship DDLs)
* Ship javax.inject impl within TCK, RI
* Java package rename (to '''com.ibm.jbatch.*''' ) and XSD targetNamespace rename (to http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee)
** Note the Glassfish configuration code calling JBatch will need to be tweaked.
** Note all JSLs will need to be adjusted for the TNS change.
* RI - Checkpoint timeout tests (EE-only)
* RI - testPartitionedCollectorAnalyzerReducerChunkRestartItemCount10 - deadlock in Glassfish
* partitioned batchlet String return value as exit status support
* Repackaged and refactored SPIs, e.g. to be used in Glassfish
* Addressed some TCK criticisms in Bug 4702
* Added JobOperator.getRunningExecutions()
* Adjust StepContext/StepExecution persistent user data to reflect switch from Externalizable to Serializable (coming in PFD 1.5), but didn't do reader/writer checkpoint yet.