JB JDK 1.5 Language Extension Compiler Support
Author: Ludovic HOCHET
Version: 0.2.1, 6/10/04
This opentool adds a new compiler option to the project properties build java page for compiling
projects using JDK 1.5 (aka JDK 5) language extensions.
This opentool should work with JBuilder X (above Foundation) and JDK 1.5.
Note: According to a CodeCentral comment this also work on JBuilder 9.0 (above Personal)
Use it at your own risks. I take no responsibility for any damages that may result from using it.
Copy jdk15compiler.jar to <jbuilder>/lib/ext/ where <jbuilder> is the directory where JBuilder is installed.
Delete jdk15compiler.jar in <jbuilder>/lib/ext/ where <jbuilder> is the directory where JBuilder is installed.
For each project for which you want to use the JDK 1.5 language extensions do:
- Set the JDK to be the JDK 1.5 (Menu Project|Project Properties, then Path category)
- Set the compiler for the project to be "JDK1.5 project Javac" (Menu Project| Project Properties, then Build category, then Java sub category, then choose "JDK1.5 project Javac" as the compiler)
- No attempt is made to check that the "JDK1.5 project Javac" is used with a project set to use JDK 1.5,
this lead to an error message in the message view.
Changes since vrs 0.2
- Slightly updated this page, no code changed
Changes since vrs 0.1
- Added -Xlint:unchecked to get warnings about potential problems of code compatibility
- Added a "Configuration" section to these release notes
Thanks to Keith Wood, whose Jikes compiler integration code provided the base for this OpenTool.
Ludovic HOCHET <firstname.lastname@example.org> or Borland Newsgroup : borland.public.jbuilder.opentools