Re: Jersey 2.0 and Viewable (more especially JSP forwarding)

  • From: Nicolas Ternisien <nicolas.ternisien@...>
  • To: dev <dev@...>
  • Subject: Re: Jersey 2.0 and Viewable (more especially JSP forwarding)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:03:15 +0100

Hi Marek,

That's an amazing news, thank you for replying. I can then go safely to this direction for my new project for sure.

Thanks,

Nicolas Ternisien

2012/12/13 Marek Potociar <marek.potociar@...>

On Dec 13, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Nicolas Ternisien <nicolas.ternisien@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Reading the documentation and browsing the source code of Jersey 2.0, I am a bit concerned about not seeing anymore any references to the very handy class Viewable, and its capability to forward a given request to the JSP engine (or any template engine).
>
> Does this system still exist in Jersey 2.0, or at least, does it give enough space to reimplement it on user space (by copy/pasting the JSPTemplateProcessor and similar from Jersey 1.x source code)?

We have not ported that feature yet, thus it's not in Jersey 2.0 code bas right now. We certainly plan to port the feature to Jersey 2.0.

> I guess it is not officially here because the MVC feature was removed from the official JSR JAX-RS 2.0, but hopefully Jersey dev team still thinks it is a great feature that deserves being part of the hidden tip and tricks of Jersey ;)

Your guess is wrong :) Jersey provides much more than just a JAX-RS RI. Dropping  MVC from JAX-RS does not have any impact on providing MVC templating support in Jersey. As explained above, we plan to port the support to Jersey 2.

Marek

> Thanks, and keep up for the good work!
>
> Nicolas Ternisien

Jersey 2.0 and Viewable (more especially JSP forwarding)

Nicolas Ternisien 12/13/2012

Re: Jersey 2.0 and Viewable (more especially JSP forwarding)

Marek Potociar 12/13/2012

Re: Jersey 2.0 and Viewable (more especially JSP forwarding)

Nicolas Ternisien 12/13/2012
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2014 (revision 20140418.2d69abc)