[jsr338-experts] updated spec draft (converters)
- From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel@...>
- To: jsr338-experts@...
- Subject: [jsr338-experts] updated spec draft (converters)
- Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 14:33:13 -0800
- Organization: Oracle Corporation
I've uploaded a draft of the spec with the attribute converter additions to
downloads area, http://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/downloads
The converter changes can be found in sections 3.7, 10.5, and 11.1.10-11.
The following open issues are pending:
* Conversion of @Id and @Version.
* Explicit listing of converters in persistence.xml file. I'm not sure I
was being proposed here.
* What to do about the "specialization" issue that was raised. Would someone
care to provide
some use cases and/or flesh out that part of the proposal further?
* Whether these APIs belong in the javax.persistence package or whether we
a new package (e.g., javax.persistence.mapping).
Please let me know if I have missed anything or if there are any other
corrections, additions, etc.