[jsr338-experts] Re: proposal : @Entity on interfaces
- From: Oliver Gierke <ogierke@...>
- To: "jsr338-experts@..." <jsr338-experts@...>
- Subject: [jsr338-experts] Re: proposal : @Entity on interfaces
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:58:39 -0700
- Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: de-DE, en-US
Am 12.03.2012 um 15:40 schrieb michael keith:
>> Could you elaborate on that? I don't quite get why this feature should
>> stop companies from using JPA.
> No, I didn't say that very well. I meant the opposite, i.e. if the fact
> that there was no aliasing could prompt them to decide that...
>> The latter doesn't seem to complicate things, does it? At least given the
>> assumption there has to be a single implementation class to be selected to
>> back the type alias, right?
> Every feature addition adds some non-zero amount of complexity. Our task
> is to weigh the value and usefulness of the feature with its complexity,
> with the time that we have to release the spec, and with its relative
> priority w.r.t. other potential features that may be more useful and
> more worth our time to add.
+1 on that. The question I wanted to raise if there's a significant
difference in complexity by allowing multiple aliases over just one.
* @author Oliver Gierke - Senior Member Technical Staff
* @param email ogierke@...
* @param phone +49-351-30929001
* @param fax +49-351-418898439
* @param skype einsdreizehn
* @see http://www.olivergierke.de
Description: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail