Skip to main content

[jsr338-experts] question regarding jta-data-source

  • From: Christian Romberg <cromberg@...>
  • To: jsr338-experts@...
  • Subject: [jsr338-experts] question regarding jta-data-source
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 13:50:37 +0200

Hello,

It is not explicitly mentioned in the spec, but I guess I can safely assume, that the data source denoted by
jta-data-source is of type "javax.sql.XADataSource"?

After the JPA implementation has obtained an XAConnection from this XADataSource, is it expected to
to do any calls (and if so, in any specific order) on this XAConnection?

E.g. is it necessary, to call XAConnection.getConnection() to trigger that the app server calls XAConnection.getXAResource()
on the very same XAConnection? Or is it sufficient to just call "XADataSource.getXAConnection()" to trigger this?

(Some background: we don't use JDBC connections (being not an ORM) and probably we would need to provide our own
XADataSource implementation, so that the app server picks up our own XAResource implementation)

Thank you!

Christian

--
Christian Romberg
Chief Engineer | Versant GmbH

--
Versant
GmbH is incorporated in Germany. Company registration number: HRB

CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or
proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.

[jsr338-experts] question regarding jta-data-source

Christian Romberg 05/10/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

michael keith 05/11/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

Christian Romberg 05/11/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

Pinaki Poddar 05/11/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

michael keith 05/11/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

Christian Romberg 05/14/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

michael keith 05/14/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

Christian Romberg 05/14/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

Christian Romberg 05/14/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

Christian Romberg 05/14/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

Pinaki Poddar 05/14/2012