Skip to main content

[jsr338-experts] CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

  • From: Steve Ebersole <steve.ebersole@...>
  • To: jsr338-experts@...
  • Subject: [jsr338-experts] CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 10:31:48 -0500

In implementing theses, I ran into 2 questions:

1) In terms of a Subquery associated with a CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete, what should be the return for the Subquery#getParent which is defined to return an AbstractQuery which neither CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete implement.

2) Seems to me we duplicate the effort to define the Root here; 2 calls when one would suffice. First users pass the entity class to be updated/deleted to the CriteriaBuilder method, then they have to call one of the from() methods on CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete. But unless I miss something the actual "entity type" of the from argument has to be the same as the one passed to CriteriaBuilder. Long story short, seems to me that we could simply do away with the from() methods and remove the need for the user to call the second method.

[jsr338-experts] CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Steve Ebersole 06/24/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Linda DeMichiel 06/25/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Steve Ebersole 06/25/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Steve Ebersole 06/25/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Steve Ebersole 06/25/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Linda DeMichiel 06/25/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Linda DeMichiel 06/29/2012