Skip to main content

[jsr338-experts] StoredProcedureQuery

  • From: Steve Ebersole <steve.ebersole@...>
  • To: jsr338-experts@...
  • Subject: [jsr338-experts] StoredProcedureQuery
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:06:09 -0500

Some more questions/commenst from implementation, this time in regards to javax.persistence.StoredProcedureQuery:

1) StoredProcedureQuery extends Query. Query defines a few methods that are questionable being applied to a stored procedure call of any sort, namely the paging values for firstResults (getFirstResult/setFirstResult) and maxResults (getMaxResults/setMaxResults). What is the expectation for those calls (mainly the setters I guess) when applied to StoredProcedureQuery? Personally I'd like to throw an exception, but the javadocs on those Query methods allow only for "@throws IllegalArgumentException if the argument is negative"

2) In regards to named versus positional parameters, I had a few questions:
a) Could we possibly add a restriction that developers should use only one form or the other? I see zero benefit to allowing developers to mix named and positional parameters in a single query, and in fact see only confusion about how those parameters ultimately get merged together.
b) Given the javadoc statement that named parameters need to be registered "in order", I am assuming that their names have no relation to the notion of named parameters added to java.sql.CallableStatement in Java 7?

[jsr338-experts] StoredProcedureQuery

Steve Ebersole 06/28/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: StoredProcedureQuery

Steve Ebersole 06/28/2012
Please Confirm