Skip to main content

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jsr338-experts@...
  • Subject: [jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:13:15 +0200

Rainer/all,

Thanks a lot for the update. I try to reply here to see, if the new ML setup is working.
I noticed, the "reply" address isn't the mailing list, but maybe that's the way you sent this message.

Cheers,
--

Werner Keil JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead

Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* Chip-to-Cloud Security Forum: September 19 2012, Nice, French Riviera. Werner Keil, JCP Executive Committee, JSR-321 EG Member will present "Trusted Computing API for Java™"

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Rainer Kwesi Schweigkoffer <kwesi@...> wrote:
Hi Linda, all,

Linda DeMichiel, am 29 Jun 2012 hast Du um 12:31 zum Thema "[jsr338-
experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelet"  geschrieben :

> Hi Steve, all,
>
> My concern here is that this is a backwards incompatible change with
> regard to Subquery#getParent().
>
> I'm not sure what the best thing to do here is.  I've attached revisions
> of CriteriaUpdate and CriteriaDelete that try to work around the problem,
> but I'm really not happy about how these abuse the typing.
>
> Suggestions appreciated.

another - also not very nice - possibility is to

o factor out all methods from Subquery into AbstractSubquery apart from
the getParent method

o have Subquery extend AbstractSubquery, additionally providing its
getParent method

o create a ModificationSubquery interface extending AbstractSubquery
and providing AbstractModification<?> getParent()

where AbstractModification is an interface extended by both
CriteriaUpdate and CriteriaDelete (as proposed in my mail message of
April 1st, 2011)

o have CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete's subquery() method return
ModificationSubquery.

It's a patch, of course.

Best regards
Rainer

---
Rainer Schweigkoffer               SAP AG Walldorf
Java Persistence                   TIP Core JI
Core Java Infrastructure           Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16
Technology & Innovation Platform   D-69190 Walldorf
Building 3, I.3.14                 phone: +49 6227 7 45305
rainer.schweigkoffer@...       fax:   +49 6227 7 821177

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Walldorf, Germany
Vorstand/SAP Executive Board: Werner Brandt, Bill
McDermott (Co-CEO), Gerhard Oswald, Vishal Sikka,
Jim Hagemann Snabe (Co-CEO)
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairperson of the SAP
Supervisory
Board: Hasso Plattner
Registergericht/Commercial Register Mannheim No HRB 350269

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschaeftsgeheimnisse
oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten.
Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, ist
Ihnen eine Verwertung des Inhalts, eine Vervielfaeltigung
oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdruecklich untersagt. Bitte
benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene
E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged,
undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you
have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it
is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and
destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your
cooperation.

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Steve Ebersole 07/02/2012

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Rainer Kwesi Schweigkoffer 07/03/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Werner Keil 07/03/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Linda DeMichiel 07/05/2012

[jsr338-experts] Re: CriteriaUpdate/CriteriaDelete questions

Steve Ebersole 07/05/2012