Skip to main content

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] EMF.getProperties() and EM.getProperties()

  • From: Steve Ebersole <steve.ebersole@...>
  • To: jsr338-experts@...
  • Subject: [jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] EMF.getProperties() and EM.getProperties()
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:02:44 -0500

Working with the new TCK I ran across 2 situations I'd like to discuss with the group.

First, the new TCK is now including assertions that EntityManager.getProperties() contains properties used to build the EntityManagerFactory that was used to create the EntityManager. In my opinion the spec does not say anywhere that this should be the case. Can anyone point me to where it does if I am wrong (or else the TCK needs to be fixed for that)?

Secondly, the types of properties the TCK is checking for got me thinking. It checks for some sensitive information like JDBC url and user and password. These are things we expose and are kind of forced to expose at the moment. I'd like to suggest that we update the spec to explicitly state that some of these properties are not available period, at the very least javax.persistence.jdbc.password though I'd argue for javax.persistence.jdbc.url and javax.persistence.jdbc.user as well.

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] EMF.getProperties() and EM.getProperties()

Steve Ebersole 03/21/2013

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: EMF.getProperties() and EM.getProperties()

Linda DeMichiel 03/21/2013