Skip to main content

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: StoredProcedureQuery and temporal parameters

  • From: gordon yorke <gordon.yorke@...>
  • To: jsr338-experts@...
  • Subject: [jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: StoredProcedureQuery and temporal parameters
  • Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 15:47:25 -0300

I agree that the TCK test in this case should not be expected to pass. A provider could raise an IllegalArgumentException on that setParamet() call.
--Gordon

On 02/08/2013 8:49 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
Another TCK oddity. I plan on challenging this one too, but wanted to make sure first:

StoredProcedureQuery spq3 = getEntityManager().createStoredProcedureQuery("GetEmpIdUsingHireDateFROMOut");
spq3.registerStoredProcedureParameter(1, Calendar.class, ParameterMode.IN);
spq3.setParameter(1, getUtilDate());

getUtilDate() returns is a Date. I don't see where the spec says this should be valid. Specifically, this registers a parameter and tells the provider to expect a Calendar; it then bind a Date.

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] StoredProcedureQuery and temporal parameters

Steve Ebersole 08/02/2013

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: StoredProcedureQuery and temporal parameters

gordon yorke 08/06/2013

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: StoredProcedureQuery and temporal parameters

Linda DeMichiel 08/06/2013