Skip to main content

[jsr353-experts] Remaining work in JsonParser

  • From: Jitendra Kotamraju < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [jsr353-experts] Remaining work in JsonParser
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:44:01 -0800

I am working on incorporating the all the discussed changes and make a draft ready for public review phase. In the meantime, I want to make some progress on the JsonParser changes that were discussed in various threads. Let me know if we want to consider any of these.

* iterator() gives iterator of events. But these events are *not* self-contained items like Map.Entry, so that looks odd to call some methods on parser object and some methods on iterator object.
Since this more of cursor API (rather than iterator), should we consider two separate methods ?

boolean advance() instead of hasNext()
Event getEvent() instead of next()

* incremental processing of strings that are large. Some of you felt this is useful.

* matchName(String)
May be used for performance. I don't want to consider other match methods that match both name and value

* skipValue()
This is primarily a convenience method and can be implemented using other methods. So should we consdier this ?

* We have a JIRA issue, that moves the cursor to certain place and creates a corresponding
JsonValue

/*
getJsonValue(JsonObject.class) is valid in START_OBJECT state, moves cursor to END_OBJECT
getJsonValue(JsonArray.class) is valid in START_ARRAY state, moves cursor to END_ARRAY
getJsonValue(JsonString.class) is valid in VALUE_STRING state
getJsonValue(JsonNumber.class) is valid in VALUE_NUMBER state
and other values
*/
public <T extends JsonValue> T getJsonValue(Class<T> clazz)

If you have any feedback, let me know.

Jitu

[jsr353-experts] Remaining work in JsonParser

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/21/2012

[jsr353-experts] Re: Remaining work in JsonParser

Jörn Horstmann 11/21/2012

[jsr353-experts] Re: [json-processing-spec users] Re: Remaining work in JsonParser

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/21/2012

[jsr353-experts] Re: [json-processing-spec users] Re: Remaining work in JsonParser

Jörn Horstmann 11/21/2012

[jsr353-experts] Re: [json-processing-spec users] Re: Re: Remaining work in JsonParser

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/26/2012