Skip to main content

[json-processing-spec users] Re: JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-1 : Do not require that all content end up in String or char[]

  • From: Jitendra Kotamraju < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [json-processing-spec users] Re: JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-1 : Do not require that all content end up in String or char[]
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:28:48 -0800

On 11/26/2012 02:23 PM, Jitendra Kotamraju wrote:
Can we also discuss this one:

http://java.net/jira/browse/JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-1
I haven't seen much discussion on this. I would like to close this one with no action. I don't see parsers are operating at byte level so there is no point in exposing the byte array instead of String. If someone really wants to do this, they could write a custom provider that extends JsonParser and provide a custom JsonString that exposes a byte array. So, I don't think it needs to be in the API.

Jitu

[json-processing-spec users] JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-1 : Do not require that all content end up in String or char[]

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/26/2012

[json-processing-spec users] Re: JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-1 : Do not require that all content end up in String or char[]

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/29/2012

[json-processing-spec users] Re: JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-1 : Do not require that all content end up in String or char[]

Tatu Saloranta 11/30/2012

[json-processing-spec users] Re: JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-1 : Do not require that all content end up in String or char[]

Eugen Cepoi 11/30/2012

[json-processing-spec users] Re: JSON_PROCESSING_SPEC-1 : Do not require that all content end up in String or char[]

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/30/2012