Skip to main content

Re: JsonWriter is missing flush() method

  • From: Jitendra Kotamraju < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: JsonWriter is missing flush() method
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 12:17:42 -0700

On 11/1/13 8:27 AM, Przemysław Bielicki wrote:
Hi Jitu,

thanks for your comments.

I'm using 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT but I have to pull latest changes.
I verified on GlassFish, without closing the JsonWriter, the contents are written in HTTP response. It works for both character stream and byte stream. I will check-in the app to the workspace.

In (not only) my opinion JsonWriter should be extending also Flushable interface (in addition to (Auto)Closable). This is the cleanest and most obvious solution - workarounds proposed are ugly and should not apply for this newly developed JSONP API. I know that this is a modification of a public API but I'm not sure this API is already approved or it's still under development. Even if it's approved it could be a patch or (1.0.1 release :)

Please note that all the other solution proposed either by me or you are implementation dependent. This small change in API makes it flexible and available for all possible implementations.

I will open a JIRA issue beg next week.

Have a nice weekend!
Przemyslaw

Re: JsonWriter is missing flush() method

Hildeberto Mendonça 11/01/2013

Re: JsonWriter is missing flush() method

Jitendra Kotamraju 11/01/2013

<Possible follow-up(s)>

Re: JsonWriter is missing flush() method

Przemysław Bielicki 11/01/2013