Re: ApplicationConfig and OSGi

  • From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: Re: ApplicationConfig and OSGi
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:55:14 +0200
  • Mailing-list: contact users-help@...; run by ezmlm

Hi Reto,

Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
Hello

Trying to use jax-rs in an OSGi environment we imagine bundles providing web applications by exposing instances of ApplicationConfig. However the jsr311 implementation residing in another bundle cannot instantiate the classes of the bundle providing the application.

I know very little about the technical aspects of OSGi but would not the same problem occur for a web application bundle referring to a servlet class in the web.xml that needs to be instantiated by servlet implementation residing in a different bundle?

And also for Web service endpoints, EJBs and JAXB beans when unmarshalling.

Paul.

Could ApplicationConfig be fixed to return factories instead of instances of Class?

Cheers,

Reto

--
| ? + ? = To question
----------------\
   Paul Sandoz
        x38109
+33-4-76188109

ApplicationConfig and OSGi

Reto Bachmann-Gmür 07/24/2008

Re: ApplicationConfig and OSGi

Paul Sandoz 07/24/2008

Re: ApplicationConfig and OSGi

Bill Burke 07/24/2008

Re: ApplicationConfig and OSGi

Reto Bachmann-Gmür 07/28/2008

Re: ApplicationConfig and OSGi

Reto Bachmann-Gmür 07/24/2008
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2016 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)