Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

  • From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:19:42 -0400
  • Mailing-list: contact users-help@...; run by ezmlm

I've checked in a new version of the code and javadoc:

https://jsr311.dev.java.net/nonav/javadoc/javax/ws/rs/core/UriBuilder.html

I think I captured everything we discussed but a couple of extra pairs of eyes wouldn't go amiss.

Marc.

On Jul 24, 2008, at 4:30 AM, Stephan Koops wrote:

Hi Marc,
What about add build methods, where you could give an encode state? But UriBuilder.buildFromMap(Map, boolean) is no problem, but UriBuilder.build(Object..., boolean) won't work. What about UriBuilder.buildEncode(Object...), which encode all characters, and UriBuilder.build(Object...) only the characters that must be converted?

What's the problem with adding a third state for the encode attribute, and let all other as it is?

I've done the exercise of switching to a single state and the result is significantly simpler. Adding a third state makes things more complex than the status quo. Adding additional build methods that force encoding of % chars in parameter values would be preferable.

BTW, we could have:

build(boolean, Object...) and buildFromMap(boolean, Map<String, ? extends Object>)
I also thought about this, but typically you put switches like this to the end of the parameter list. But this is also a flexible possibility.
I think these would negate the need for the static encode method.
Yes, that's what I want. :-)

best regards
 Stephan

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.

RE: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

(continued)

RE: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Manger, James H 07/17/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Stephan Koops 07/17/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Marc Hadley 07/22/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Stephan Koops 07/23/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Stephan Koops 07/23/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Marc Hadley 07/23/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Stephan Koops 07/23/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Marc Hadley 07/23/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Marc Hadley 07/23/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Stephan Koops 07/24/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Marc Hadley 07/24/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Stephan Koops 07/24/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Marc Hadley 07/24/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Stephan Koops 07/24/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Marc Hadley 07/24/2008

RE: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Manger, James H 07/18/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Stephan Koops 07/18/2008

RE: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Manger, James H 07/23/2008

Re: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Marc Hadley 07/23/2008

RE: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding

Manger, James H 07/24/2008

UriBuilder.matrix(String) [was: JAX-RS: UriBuilder encoding]

Stephan Koops 07/24/2008
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2016 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)