Skip to main content

[JSR355 EG] JSR 356 TCK License

  • From: Werner Keil < >
  • To: " " < >, " " < >
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: [JSR355 EG] JSR 356 TCK License
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:49:31 +0100

Dear All,

I had an interesting conversation with Apache DeltaSpike project lead Mark Strubert (also EG Member, at least CDI as far as he told me) in Vienna last night.
He pointed to an odd aspect of JSR 356, see the proposal page (link TCK License)  http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=356

The TCK license is only available for a fee of 35k US$, that I agree with Mark is an extremely hefty fee for every Open Source initiative or SME, the latter I represent as Individual Member. I am aware, there isn't any more Individual Member in SE/EE at least until the merge is complete, but wanted to ask especially the JUGs and other SE/EE EC members if they're aware of it, and how they feel about that? I am too little of a lawyer to tell, if it violates or complies with JCP 2.8 recommendations and guidelines, but that beside the SE/EE EC I also wanted to share with all JSR 355 EG Members, too

Kind Regards,

--

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member (ME) | Social Media API for Java Spec Lead | Eclipse UOMo Lead

Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* geecon: May 16 2012, Poznań, Poland. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member, Social JSR Co-Spec Lead will present "Java EE 7"

* JustJava: May 19-20 2012, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member, Social JSR Co-Spec Lead will present "Social Java"

* Dutch Mobile Conference: June 7-9 2012, Amsterdam, Netherlands. Werner Keil, JCP EC (ME) Member, OpenDDR Evangelist will present "OpenDDR"

[JSR355 EG] JSR 356 TCK License

Werner Keil 02/28/2012

[JSR355 EG] Re: JSR 356 TCK License

Patrick Curran 02/28/2012