Skip to main content

[JSR358 EG] Re: Definition of Spec

  • From: Steve Wolfe < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [JSR358 EG] Re: Definition of Spec
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:11:04 -0500

Werner,

That is a very different question than your initial note seemed to be touching on.  Again, I can only speak for IBM's Specification Licenses, but our goal is to grant the rights needed to implement the Specification.

Regards,
Steve

email:
phone: (914) 766-1051

Inactive hide details for Werner Keil ---01/29/2013 10:34:06 AM---To phrase it shorter,  does the Spec License apply only to thWerner Keil ---01/29/2013 10:34:06 AM---To phrase it shorter,  does the Spec License apply only to the Spec * Documentation* or also *Binari

From: Werner Keil < >
To: JSR 358 Expert Group < >,
Date: 01/29/2013 10:34 AM

To phrase it shorter,  does the Spec License apply only to the Spec Documentation or also Binaries/API?

A whole lot of Spec Leads and related organizations seem to interpret Spec as only the documentation.
Looking at the process document, the word "Specification" is found nearly 150 times, but only TCK is explained in a bit more detail (a suite of tests, tools, and documentation that is used to test implementations for compliance with the Specification.)

So is Spec also a "suite" or just a document?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Werner Keil < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

GIF image

[JSR358 EG] Definition of Spec

Werner Keil 01/29/2013

[JSR358 EG] Re: Definition of Spec

Steve Wolfe 01/29/2013

[JSR358 EG] Re: [JSR 358 Observer] Re: Definition of Spec

Werner Keil 01/29/2013