Skip to main content

[JSR358 EG] Re: Definition of Spec

  • From: Werner Keil < >
  • To: JSR 358 Expert Group < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [JSR358 EG] Re: Definition of Spec
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 17:29:21 +0100

Sorry if the title may not have been so obvious at least to a few on the list.
Hope the question is clear now, and it is not picking on a particular JSR or Spec Lead.

Like MikeD who didn't join the call last time, but is on the EG list mentioned, there were some things unclear about the "definition" of the 2 Renewal/Reconsideration Ballots, it occurred to me a few times, e.g. when we spoke about this at DevoXX, that Spec Leads may not be sure about the "definition" or scope of the spec.

This I hope we can help clarify.
If you take your car as for example, you also pay insurance, etc. to drive it, not just to read the manual or "specs" at a dealership. Maybe this is different here, but I guess it's good so clarify it. Imagine one license was less restrictive than the other or included fees, it's important to know, which one applies to the binary, not just some document IMHO (not being a lawyer but representing users)