• EDR status
the early draft review of CLDC 8 / JSR 360 has started on Monday, April 15th and will last until May 14th.
• Discussion about Access Point extensions
The excerpt of the Cinterion API illustrating the "bearer control" concept,
that Cinterion sent to the EG reflector before the call, was discussed.
It allows explicit control of the "bearer" state by calling "hangup".
This concept could be generalized and be added as an extension to
the access point API. Besides a "hangup" method, a method to start
the bearer was perceived to be useful.
Roger and Michael will provide a draft of this extension before the next call.
• Discussion about CLDC 8 scope
• missing features
• less relevant features
Currently it is difficult for EG members to assess these questions without knowing the exact
content of the other ME8 specifications. This will be rediscussed on future calls.
• Michael will present the JSR360 at the next F2F of the JCP Executive Committee
on May 14th.
* Werner asked if the news about the JSR360 and the EDR can be communicated
externally at upcoming conferences. The spec leads encouraged to socialize
the JSR360 and get feedback on the EDR version of the spec.
* Thomas noted that there's an unrelated Jira issue about Microedition.Display.setBacklight.
This is most likely related to another specification and will be cleaned up.
EG members are encouraged to continue reviewing the
Specification draft and