[jsr360-experts] Re: [jsr360-observers] Updated JSR 360 Draft Specification
- From: Lampart Thomas <
- To: "
- Subject: [jsr360-experts] Re: [jsr360-observers] Updated JSR 360 Draft Specification
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 17:56:28 +0200
- Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: de-DE, en-US
Hi Roger, Michael, experts,
Thanks for giving us this update with a bunch of new features.
I do have some comments:
-I do like the extended TLS support
-SecureServerConnection, what is the ClientAuth “want” parameter good for ?
In my understanding a server either does client authentication or not.
-Why squeezing the TLS into the DatagramConnection and not have
-AccessPoint: as far as I know in CDMA there is only a Mobile IP (or Simply
IP) configuration profile id to select, when opening a packet service. No
-AccessPoint: I think for WLAN there is only a password, no DNS.
From: roger riggs
Sent: Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013 15:45
Subject: [jsr360-observers] [jsr360-experts] Updated JSR 360 Draft
The updated SpecLead Draft of JSR 360
available from the
JSR 360 downloads<https://java.net/projects/jsr360/downloads
> on java.net.
The update is based on the EDR draft, Expert Group comments and input from
the RI developers.
This draft includes extensions and resolutions for the following:
* CLDC Full vs Compact APIs to support smaller devices with fewer new APIs
* SecureServerConnection (new)
* ModemConnection (new)
* NetworkUtilities (new)
* Access Point improvements
* Support for TLS1.2 / DTLS (revised)
Please review and comment, Roger and Michael