[jsr360-observers] [jsr360-experts] Accesspoint identification
- From: Lampart Thomas <
- To: "
- Subject: [jsr360-observers] [jsr360-experts] Accesspoint identification
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 17:09:14 +0100
- Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: de-DE, en-US
- List-id: <jsr360-experts.jsr360.java.net>
Dear specleads, experts,
today I stumbled over something in the AccessPoint class spec which confused
me a bit.
To find or create a 3GPP AccessPoint using
the type is "3GPP" and the ConnectionOptions are:
* apn - required, a ConnectionOption<String>; apns many apns are
predefined and provisioned by the network operator and additional APNs can be
created as needed
* apnoperator - required, the name of the operator providing the APN
What would this "apnoperator" as required parameter be ? What relevance would
it have ?
To me this seems to be just some random text which does maybe not make sense
when you CREATE an AccessPoint.
Wouldn't it make more sense here to have a "name" as required parameter here.
A name which can be used to clearly identify the Accesspoint. THE name which
can be queried with getName() method ?
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and
may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for
the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free
from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a