Last updated July 06, 2013 07:31, by bonbhel
<a href="http://java.net/projects/jug-africa/pages/Home/" target="blank">[[image:JUG-Africa-Logo200x.gif]]</a>
== Java User Groups AFRICA ==
Our mission : To promote collaboration and communication between affiliated JUGs across the African continent.
== Topics ==
* [http://jug-africa.dev.java.net/ Home page]
* [[#JugAFCont|Affiliated JUGs]]
* [[#JComProc|Java Community Process (JCP)]] %RED% *NEW !!*%ENDCOLOR%
* [[#JugAFPrimCont|Primary contacts]]
* [http://java.net/projects/jug-africa/lists/ Mailing list]
== Cooperation plan and agenda ==
* Continue to affiliate JUGs and share our experience with new JUGs.
* Elect a president and a vice president (last week of april 2010) : It will be very open process. Each JUG will propose one candidate and the two canditates with the most votes will be elected president and vice-president.
* Increase our visibility both internal and external (very important) :
** External : Becoming partner of community events and projects. Two months ago, I started talking with one of DEVOXX organizer. We will be part of « Supporting JUGs » for Devoxx2010. In return for this, Devoxx will publish JUG-AFRICA info on the Devoxx website and give away 1 free entrance ticket.
** Internal : All affiliated JUGs should add the JUG-AFRICA logo on their website and sometimes mail to their members information about JUG-AFRICA activities or events.
* Look for sponsors and partners to support and promote our annual events and negotiate bulk discounts for books, events...for all members of affiliated JUGs and sometimes giveaways for specific local JUG meetings.
* Find a way to make the conference calls or Webnar promoted by all JUG Leaders (need high speed connection wich is not available in all African region ) every two month
* Attending regional events (JDC2011 and others future events) and international events (JavaOne/Devoxx/Jazoon/OSCON etc.)
* Organizing new annual regional events in West Africa (Senegal), Central (Maybe in Congo) and South (South Africa) regions
==Affiliated JUGs ==
To affiliate your JUG :
* First designate a member of your JUG to serve as JUG-AFRICA Contact.
* To subscribe JUG-AFRICA Contact to the mailing lists email@example.com , click [https://jug-africa.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectMailingListList here].
| '''Country''' || '''JUG''' || '''JUG-AFRICA Contact''' || '''skype''' || '''Twitter'''
| Nigeria|| [http://abujajug.java.net/ AbujaJug] || Bulama Yusuf
| Congo (Kinshasa)|| [http://rdcjug.org/site/ RDC-JUG] || Popol Kayembe
| Togo|| [http://java.net/projects/togojug/pages/Home/ TogoJug] || Bertin Abiassi
| Egypt|| [http://mufix.org/newsite/ MUFIX] || Hamada Zahera
| Congo (Brazzaville)|| [http://www.CongoJUG.com/ CongoJUG] || Max Bonbhel||bonbhel||http://twitter.com/bonbhel
| Cameroun|| [http://java.net/projects/CamerJug/ CamerJug] || Georges Youmbi
| Tunisia|| [http://java.net/projects/TnJUG/ TnJUG] || Fadj Zayen
| Egypt|| [http://www.egjug.org/ EGJUG] || Ahmed Ali|| ||http://twitter.com/#!/
| Malia|| [http://java.net/projects/MaliJUG/ MaliJUG] || Issa Camara & Abdoulaye Douroure
| Senegal(West Africa)|| [http://www.senejug.com/ The West African Java User's Group] || Lamine Ba and & Michael Levin
| Angola|| [http://java.net/projects/Guj-Ang/ Guj-Ang] || Josemar Magalhàes
| South Africa|| [http://www.jugsa.co.za/ JUGSA] || Len Weincier
| Congo (Kinshasa)|| [http://www.kinjug.org/ Kin-JUG] || Honoré Nzambu
| Morocco || [http://java.net/projects/Moroccojug/ MoroccoJUG] || Badr El Houari & Faissal Boutaounte||badr.elhouari||http://twitter.com/#!/badrelhouari
| South Africa || [http://www.jozijug.co.za/ Jozi Jug] || Mark Clarke & Michael Williams
|Burkina Faso || [http://java.net/projects/fasojug/pages/Home/ FASOJUG] || Constantin Drabo & Paul Kaboré
|Nigeria|| [http://java.net/projects/naijadukes/ Nigeria JUG] || Akintayo A. Olusegun
|Algeria|| [http://java.net/projects/algeriajug/pages/Home/ AlgeriaJUG] || Ferhat Guezlane
|Tunisia|| [http://www.tnjug.co.cc/ Tunisian JUG] || Mohamed jalel Hazbri ||mjhazbri||http://twitter.com/mjhazbri
|Uganda|| [http://java.net/ Mbale JUG] || Nsubuga Hassan ||--||---
|Ivory Coast|| [http://java.net/ Abidjan JUG] || Roger Kouassi||--||---
==Java Community Process (JCP) ==
JUG-AFRICA is a member of the [http://jcp.org/en/participation/members/J Java Community Process (JCP)].
Any member of affiliated JUGs is also part of the [http://jcp.org/en/participation/membership JCP] through their association with JUG-AFRICA.
Membership in the JCP offers you a chance to become a permanent part of the Java platform's history by contributing your work and recommendations to the various standard specifications.
[http://jcp.org/en/participation/membership JCP] Program Membership entitles you to submit your own JSRs to the [http://jcp.org/en/participation/membership JCP], serve on JSR Expert Groups, vote in Executive Committee elections, and attend [http://jcp.org/en/participation/membership JCP] Member online and in-person events. [http://jcp.org/en/participation/membership JCP] Members are active contributors to the evolution of Java technology.
| '''Role in JUG-AFRICA''' || '''Complete name''' || '''Mail'''
| President|| Max Bonbhel || firstname.lastname@example.org or max @ bonbhel . com