Development and Production project
The Entreprise infrastructure EJIAAS (Entreprise java Infrastructure as a service) and EJPASS (Entreprise java platform as a service) for better building and deploying applications
The devleoppement envirement is the infrastructure where the developpers will deals with their "production effort" to create their products. (Exemple LINUX (as the hosting system/GIT as SCM/NETBEANS as devleoppment IDE /Java.net as a forge et project management)
The production (or depyement) environement is the infrastructure that will host the "products" a set of applications for doing an end user needed job. It can start form a single server to "Data Center" to "Cloud computing".
All of this must be idialy be tranparent, secured, easy of use, easy to configure, reliable, Scalable, easy mantenance, secured data and surely I forget others...
As a sub Project of the Lebanese Java Users Group. This Project will deal more with enivrement than with software development. To produce an EJIAAS or PJIASS will need to deal with standard knowledge about system and network administration (this is our first goal teach end train system and network administration).
Among other point of interest:
- Developement envirement
- Test environment
Proposed application to be defined and eventually produced
- Make a web-based (WebJavadmin) interface for system administration for Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing and much more. WebJavadmin removes the need to manually edit Unix configuration files like /etc/passwd, firewall, application server configuration, monitoring and lets you manage a system from the console or remotely.
- Java Infrastructure management tools
- Java Platforms management tools
- Training for tools uses by developpers, system administrators, network administrators, databases administrators
- Linux as our prefered base hosting system (but wondows too)
- Java.net forge for team communication and project management
- Hight availability
- and others
- Use case. Applying real senario
- producing Scripts, tools and config tips for better management
- Organize conferences, workshops and panels to disseminate awareness among new audiences and overcome challenges related to the change
- Carry out researches and studies, at Cnam Liban (academic institutions), to influence decision making process for better inftrastructure (Urbanisation and Architecture)
- Provide trainings and technical support
- Create different entities and start-up able to produce, disseminate awareness, train and advocate for FLOSS based infrastructure ready foropen java technologies
Who can participate and how?
All members are welcome, Cnam Liban students or others. Just follow the java.net process. Visit the project sites and ask to watch the project.
For more details you can contact one of the project administrator and expose your motivations for a higher role.
Leader : Pascal fares
email : email@example.com