[mq-users] Re: threadpool keepalive timeout?

  • From: Amy Kang <amy.kang@...>
  • To: Mark Libucha <mlibucha@...>
  • Cc: users@...
  • Subject: [mq-users] Re: threadpool keepalive timeout?
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 10:24:28 -0700

Each Session starts 1 imqConsumerReader thread for incoming messages to the Session, and the imqConsumerReader thread will go away when its Session is closed.

>as each new message comes in a new imqConsumerReader thread is kicked off,

If "a single async consumer" means a MessageConsumer created on a Session, 1 imqConsumerReader thread will be created for that Session.

>as each new message comes in a new imqConsumerReader thread is kicked off

What does your app do upon receiving each message ?

On 07/09/2013 07:24 AM, Mark Libucha wrote:
I've got a very simple OpenMQ 4.5 app with a single async consumer running over a single connection.

It starts up with just a few imqConsumerReader threads, and as each new message comes in a new imqConsumerReader thread is kicked off, increasing the overall thread count.

Which is fine. The problem is, those threads never go away, as far as I can tell.

Any insight into what's going on with this? And any recommendations on how to control this behavior? I'd like to keep the thread count as low as possible.

[mq-users] threadpool keepalive timeout?

Mark Libucha 07/09/2013

[mq-users] Re: threadpool keepalive timeout?

Amy Kang 07/09/2013

[mq-users] Re: threadpool keepalive timeout?

Mark Libucha 07/09/2013
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2016 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)
Please Confirm