Skip to main content

Debugger?

2 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 1 - Last Post: February 02, 2012 11:08
by: ingmarhendriks
« Older Topic » Newer Topic
showing 1 - 2 of 2
Posted: January 30, 2012 09:25 by George Chapman
To make this plugin more complete, is a debugger interface planned?
2 possible ways:
1. GDB, AVaRICE.
2. Atmel's debugger (the backend of Atmel AVR Studio 5) (Java?).
ref. http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=918785#918785

Also, a simulator?
3 possibles:
1. simulavr (nongnu.org)
2. simavr (gitorious.org)
3. AVR Studio 5 backend (Atmel).

Thanks!

Edit:
AVR Studio 5 is Windows only (DLLs from backend).
Posted: February 02, 2012 11:08 by ingmarhendriks
Dear George,

The simple answer is YES.
I plan to use the debugging and simulator tools that are provided by Atmel with the avr-gcc toolkit. AVR studio uses the same tools. Basically avr studio is just a user interface that allows the user to work with the command line tools that are in the avr-gcc toolkit.

However it will be a while before those features are realized. At the moment i am still busy implementing a decent project creation module. I had hoped that the c/c++ modules, that is already in the Netbeans IDE, would allow me to create projects with alternative c/c++ templates. However it turns out that it is not possible to integrate this feature with the existing c/c++ modules, so i have to create my own.

When that is done i am going to work on the user interface and.Arduino support in the IDE.

Today i created a new branch in the repository. This new branch is an alfa release of the first plugins. It allows for the creation of upload profiles (for AVRDUDE settings) and the upload feature using AVRDUDE. (Project creation is still a bit dinky but functional)

With kind regards,

Ingmar Hendriks

Replies: 1 - Last Post: February 02, 2012 11:08
by: ingmarhendriks
« Older Topic » Newer Topic

Close
Please Confirm
Close