Skip to main content

Troubleshooting.. Uninstalling.. And where is OSDoctor?

3 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 2 - Last Post: April 18, 2012 09:26
by: pelama
showing 1 - 3 of 3
Posted: April 13, 2012 22:58 by pelama
When I troubleshoot and come to understanding that the best idea would probably uninstall the agent and reinstall it again.. But then when I want to run OCDoctorn to verify that the uninstallation succeeded ..I realise that even the OCD is gone..

Do a backup of the OCDoc to a different location would be prefered.. Just to verify that everything works OK..

Br Magnus
Posted: April 16, 2012 16:59 by Eran Steiner
Thanks for the feedback. The challenge here is that some would prefer to have a clean system after agent uninstall, so keeping anything behind may be viewed as an unexpected behavior.

A new feature we introduced in 12c may answer this need - you can now run Agent Prereq on unmanaged OS assets in the UI. Click the OS asset and then choose "Check Requirements" in the actions tab. Ops Center will then copy the latest OCDoctor to the target machine and provide the output in the UI, either in the job details screen or back in the "Check Requirements" wizard. This job will complete very quickly and will guarantee having the most recent Doctor deployed.

Another option would be to provide an optional flag to the agent uninstall which would tell it to keep a backup of the OCDoctor, in /var/tmp for example. What are your thoughts on this option?
Posted: April 18, 2012 09:26 by pelama
Yes on both.. /var/tmp would be perfect..

//Thanks
Replies: 2 - Last Post: April 18, 2012 09:26
by: pelama

Close
Please Confirm
Close