Skip to main content

Verify HN player functionality?

2 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 1 - Last Post: May 08, 2012 01:15
by: mkorzen
showing 1 - 2 of 2
Posted: May 07, 2012 06:24 by sifysify
Hi All,
How to verify the HN player functionality using the application $OCAPROOT/apps/qa/org/cablelabs/xlet/DvrExerciser ?

I am following the below mentioned steps :
1) Launched the DvrExcerciser Xlet.
2) Selected HN menu (option 2).
3) Selected HN Player (option 2).
4) Selected Display HN Media Servers (option 1), selected Media server which is running and is in network.
5) Selected Remote Service Playback (option 3), failed to list the contents.
6) Selected Playback Live streaming (option 4), selected one from the list of channels, playback failed.

If I follow the above steps, I am unable to playback the live/recording streams. Am I missing any steps? Is there any configurations? please suggest how can I verify the functionalities?

(The network has 2 media server which are capable of streaming live as well as recordings and a client which is running DvrExcerciser xlet application.)-Thanks.SR
Posted: May 08, 2012 01:15 by mkorzen
Hello -

Starting with 1.2.2 RelB, DvrExerciser is no longer supported. Please try using its replacement application, the RiExerciser (Rx). It can be explicitly invoked by issuing the following command line:
./ -xlet RiExerciser -setup

Rx functionality duplicates DvrExerciser functionality while adding support for scripting and automated testing. The menu layout, although not exactly the same, should look familiar.

Best -
Replies: 1 - Last Post: May 08, 2012 01:15
by: mkorzen
Please Confirm