Last updated February 16, 2012 13:29, by ctissot
- October 6, 2010
- OpenDS 2.2 Update 1 stable release is now available. Documentation for the 2.2 release is still available at http://java.net/projects/opends/pages/2_2_Main.
- June 16, 2010
- OpenDS 2.3.0 Build 3 is now available
- January 20, 2010
- OpenDS 2.3.0 Build 1 is now available
- December 15, 2009
- OpenDS 2.2.0 stable release is now available. Documentation for the 2.2 release is available at http://java.net/projects/opends/pages/2_2_Main.
- November 25, 2009
- OpenDS 2.2 Release Candidate 4 is now available
- November 16, 2009
- OpenDS 2.2 Release Candidate 3 is now available
- October 27, 2009
- OpenDS 2.2 Release Candidate 2 is now available
- October 13, 2009
- OpenDS 2.2 Release Candidate 1 is now available
- September 30, 2009
- OpenDS 2.1.0 Build 2 is now available
- September 11, 2009
- OpenDS 2.1.0 Build 1 is now available
- July 17, 2009
- OpenDS 2.0.0 stable release is now available. Documentation for the 2.0 release is available at http://java.net/projects/opends/pages/2_0_Main.
- July 3, 2009
- OpenDS 2.0 Release Candidate 4 is now available
- June 24, 2009
- OpenDS 2.0 Release Candidate 3 is now available
- June 11, 2009
- OpenDS 2.0 Release Candidate 2 is now available
- May 25, 2009
- OpenDS 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available
- May 11, 2009
- OpenDS 1.3.0 Build 6 is now available.
- April 09, 2009
- OpenDS 1.3.0 Build 4 is now available.
- March 27, 2009
- OpenDS 1.3.0 Build 2 is now available.
- March 12, 2009
- OpenDS 1.3.0 Build 1 is now available.
- January 29, 2009
- OpenDS 1.2.0 stable release is now available. Documentation for the 1.2 is available at http://java.net/projects/opends/pages/1_2_Main.
- January 29, 2009
- OpenDS 1.2.0 Release Candidate 2 is now available.
- January 9, 2009
- Gary Williams shares some Perspectives on Quality Assurance for OpenDS in an article published on Sun Developer Network, Identity Management Hub.
- December 19, 2008
- OpenDS 1.2.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available.
- December 12, 2008
- OpenDS was presented to the Aquarium Day in Paris, a one day event about Sun open source projects. The presentation slides (in French) are now available.
- December 11, 2008
- OpenDS 1.1.0 Build 3 is now available.
- November 13, 2008
- OpenDS 1.1.0 Build 2 is now available.
- September 26, 2008
- OpenDS 1.1.0 Build 1 is now available.
- August 11, 2008
- Setting Up OpenDS as a Naming Service for OpenSolaris : a two-part article series published on Sun Developers Network details installation, configuration and advanced settings for OpenDS to be used for Solaris LDAP Naming Service.
- August 4, 2008
- Sun OpenDS Standard Edition 1.0 is now available for Download. Sun OpenDS Standard Edition 1.0 is based on OpenDS 1.0.0 and offers commercial support and indemnification.
- July 10, 2008
- OpenDS 1.0.0 has been released. One URL to remember : www.opends.org/1.0
- June 23-27, 2008
- OpenDS was presented at Jazoon, where Java People Meet. Presentations are available on the OpenDS Presentations page on the wiki
- June 13, 2008
- OpenDS 1.0.0 Build16, the first (and hopefully last) Release Candidate of OpenDS 1.0 is now available.
- June 9, 2008
- The Community One 2008 presentation on Getting Started with Opends is now available from the CommunityOne session catalog (use the contentbuilder / doc789 credentials to access the PDFs). The presentation is also available from OpenDS wiki
- May 7, 2008
- OpenDS 1.0.0 Build 15 is now available.
- May 6-9, 2008
- Come to JavaOne in San Francisco and meet with part of the OpenDS team on the Identity Management booth in the Pavilion.
- May 5, 2008
- OpenDS presentation at CommunityOne.
- April 7, 2008
- OpenDS 1.0.0 Build 14 is now available.
- March 12, 2008
- OpenDS 1.0.0 Build 13 is now available.
- February 27, 2008
- OpenDS Milestone1 is reached. Milestone 1 is a promotion of OpenDS 1.0.0 Build 12. Milestone 1 has gone under long and intensive testing.
- February 19, 2008
- OpenDS 1.0.0 Build 12 is now available.
- February 7, 2008
- OpenDS 1.0.0 Build 11 is now available.
- January 15, 2008
- OpenDS 1.0.0 Build 10 is now available.
- November 27th, 2007
- OpenDS Gift Shop Somebody must have been getting short on holiday gift ideas. Check out the OpenDS Gift Shop for T-shirts and mugs.
- September 29th, 2007
- OpenDS appoints the fifth Project Owner, Ludovic Poitou! Ludo was unanimously approved as the fifth Project Owner of OpenDS. Ludo's contributions to LDAP and championing this technology over the years have been great. Welcome aboard, Ludo. We are pleased to have you on the project.
- September 27th, 2007
- OpenDS debuts on developers.sun.com! Read the introduction to OpenDS .
- September 11th, 2007
- OpenDS console is in the works! A key goal of the OpenDS project is ease of use. If you haven't checked out the UI mockup take a look - Brian makes a heck of an icon ;). And that's not all, the UI design space is the home for current and proposed changes to the installer and command line interfaces too.
- August 6, 2007
- Installers often fall to the bottom of the to do list in OSS projects. Not so, with OpenDS!
Unconvinced? Our own Brian Ehret, installer designer, and the Sun UI design team cover the highlights.. Better yet, install OpenDS for yourself. Kudos, comments or complaints? We're always listening at email@example.com.
- August 1, 2007
- The OpenDS project is 1 year old!
Checkout Ludo's comments on the journey
- July 5, 2007
- Start of Summer 2007 Bugfest
For the next ten days, we're focused on fixing bugs
- June 2, 2007
- JBoss Portal 2.6 Integrates With OpenDS
As reported in ebizQ, and InfoWorld, JBoss Portal 2.6 now provides pre-built LDAP integration with OpenDS.
- July 2, 2007
- OpenDS 0.9 Released
OpenDS 0.9.0 has been released. It is available from the following locations:
Full Server Zip File: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/61128/OpenDS-0.9.0.zip
DSML Gateway Web Application: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/61129/OpenDS-0.9.0-DSML.war
For an overview of the improvements that we have made in OpenDS over the last few months and are included in the OpenDS 0.9.0 build, see http://blogs.sun.com/DirectoryManager/entry/opends_0_9_0_is.
- June 28, 2007
- OpenDS Intro At Jazoon
Ludovic introduces OpenDS at Jazoon, the international conference on Java technology held in Zurich. Find a PDF of his slides on his blog.
- June 20, 2007
- OpenDS Intro Podcast
Trey & Don explain how OpenDS makes your life easier, and how to get involved in the active, growing OpenDS community. Get the 21-minute podcast.
- June 13, 2007
- Web 2.0 Meets Directory
Listen in as Brandon, Don & Sun Open DS Community Manager, Trey Drake discuss OpenDS, web 2.0 applications and other uses of a directory in the latest podcast from Sun's Identity Management team.
- May 31, 2007
- OpenDS ATOM Server "Coolest work at Sun Microsystems right now"
According to James Governor at RedMonk, the latest OpenDS sub-project is the, "Most exciting idea in ages: an ATOM/LDAP mashup."
- May 25, 2007
- OpenDS ATOM Server Now Available
A sub-project of OpenDS, the Atom server is an open source community project building an Atom/APP compliant server built atop OpenDS and Java. It is designed to specifically address the gaps in security and search in the Atom and APP specifications as well as provide a high-performance, scalable and robust platform for Atom consuming applications. Read more on Trey's blog.
- May 8, 2007
- OpenDS 0.8 Released
OpenDS 0.8.0 has been released. It is available from the following locations:
Full Server Zip File: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/57426/OpenDS-0.8.zip
DSML Gateway Web Application: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/57427/OpenDS-0.8-DSML.war
For an overview of the improvements that we have made in OpenDS over the last few months and are included in the OpenDS 0.8.0 build, see http://blogs.sun.com/DirectoryManager/entry/opends_0_8_is_now.
- April 27, 2007
- Doc Depot Moved Here
The official home of the OpenDS documentation is now the OpenDS Wiki. The wiki contains updated versions of all documents provided below, as well as a significant amount of new content. Please refer to the wiki for all documentation in the future. The documentation depot is being preserved for historical purposes, but is no longer being updated and may be removed at some point in the future.
- April 20, 2007
- OpenDS Wiki went live at opends.org today.
Contributing to OpenDS Wiki is one way to get involved in the OpenDS project.