[JIRA] Created: (PORTLETSPEC3-14) Errata: Clarification about the Portlet Title
- From: "msnicklous (JIRA)" <
- Subject: [JIRA] Created: (PORTLETSPEC3-14) Errata: Clarification about the Portlet Title
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 12:38:58 +0000 (UTC)
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Errata: Clarification about the Portlet Title
Issue Type: Improvement
Components: JSR 286 Portlet Specification Errata
The JSR 286 spec defines several ways for setting the portlet title:
1) The title can be set in a resource bundle.
2) The title can be set in the portlet-info section of the portlet descriptor.
3) The title can be set by overriding the GenericPortlet.getTitle() method.
4) The title can be set during the render headers part of the render phase
However, these are all optional ways of setting the title. It is not defined
what happens when none of them are used. In that case, WebSphere Portal, at
uses the <portlet-name> value from the portlet descriptor, which is mandatory.
I don't know how the RI treats this case.
Do we need to specify something here?
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira